WCS Dress Code Policy
STUDENT DRESS, APPEARANCE
All students are expected to adhere to these guidelines.
• Clothing and appearance must be age appropriate, not disruptive to the teaching- learning process and cannot be provocative, indecent, vulgar or obscene.
• Hats, sweatbands, bandannas or sunglasses will not be worn inside the school buildings.
• Shorts must be of adequate length to reach the ends of one's fingertips when the student is standing and the arms are by one's sides.
• Skirts and dresses must be no higher than three (3) inches above the top of the knee.
• Clothing will not be allowed which promotes alcoholic beverages, tobacco or the use of controlled substances, depicts violence, profanity, vulgarity or obscenity, is of a sexual nature or is of a disruptive nature.
• Shirts and blouses must cover the waist and midriff and go past the waistline. Tank tops or spaghetti-strap tops may not be worn as an outer garment.
• Footwear is required. Bedroom shoes are not allowed. Students in laboratory or shop environments must wear closed-toe shoes. Students in physical education classes must wear athletic shoes. Shoes that have laces must be laced and tied.
• Clothing is not to be sheer or mesh and cannot have excessive holes.
• Undergarments are not to be visible.
• Clothing must be worn appropriately (nothing inside-out or backwards, no rolled-up pant legs or unfastened bibbed overalls, no sagging pants, belts must be buckled and worn at the waistline, etc.).
• Clothing will not be allowed that is intentionally shredded or torn.
• Tight clothing such as knit or spandex bicycle/biker pants or overly tight pants is not allowed.
• Students shall not wear clothing articles with the intent to convey membership or affiliation in a gang.